Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nike Stickball X Emperor Stickball PICS

(also titled, Stuckball, More Than Just What I Remember From 'Hey Arnold')






















Now I've been a skeptic of Nike's business practices (see: child labor abuse in china, latin america) for some time now, but even I've got to admit they've got something going with this stickball thing. Marketing from the ground up with local organizations, collaborating with local artists and musicians, free tacos and dumplings for the masses--I can start to get down with that.

Turns out, it works for them, too. I even learned a thing or two (too many) about the indigenous bronxite sport of stickball--where the front tire is first base, the manhole is second, and the back tire is third--from the Emperor Stickball League.

As my homie Guzman can attest to, if you get people drunk in a shoe store, they're all the more likely to leave with a pair of shoes.




1 comments:

jglc said...

of course you were at 21 mercer.

homey we really got to build. the lifestyle + culture needs it.

-jglc